Concept

Bunour railway station

Summary
Bunour railway station is an abandoned railway station on the Pinkenba railway line on the boundary between the suburbs of Eagle Farm and Pinkenba in the City of Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. The station is from the Brisbane central business district and from Central station by rail. It opened in 1949 and closed on 27 September 1993. The name is derived from the aboriginal name for the black and white Australian white ibis bird. History The line to Pinkenba opened on 1 April 1897, and Bunour railway station opened in 1949 for workers in the growing industrial area. A large army camp defense storage and warehouse facility, used during World War II (1939 to 1945), is located beside the site of Bunour railway station and remains today as the Damascus Barracks. In 1988 the Pinkenba line was electrified, however only as far as the prior Eagle Farm station; infrequent passenger services consisting of stainless steel carriages hauled by dies
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading