Concept

Christ Church Cathedral (Cincinnati)

Summary
Christ Church Cathedral, Cincinnati, is the cathedral church of the Episcopal Diocese of Southern Ohio, United States. History Christ Church was founded in 1817 by then missionary Rev. (future Bishop and Presiding Bishop) Philander Chase, and prominent early settlers of Cincinnati including William Henry Harrison (who became the ninth president of the United States) and Dr. Daniel Drake. In 1820, the church was formally incorporated in the State of Ohio; the first building was on East Sixth Street. In 1835, the church moved to its present location at 318 East Fourth Street. The red-brick structure of 1835 was modeled after the old Stepney church St. Dunstan's in London. The Gothic Revival-style Parish House was built in 1907, which today provides office space, rooms for classes and meetings, a gymnasium, the cathedral library and the cathedral shop. The Centennial Chapel, located north of the present cathedral, was erected in 1917 to commemorate the church's centennial
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading