Concept

HMS Turbulent (1916)

Summary
HMS Turbulent was one of four s ordered for the Ottoman Navy and taken over by the Royal Navy during the First World War. Description The Talismans were designed by Armstrong Whitworth for the Ottoman Navy, but were sub-contracted to Hawthorn Leslie and Company for building. They displaced . The ships had an overall length of , a beam of and a draught of . They were powered by three Parsons direct-drive steam turbines, each driving one propeller shaft, using steam provided by three Yarrow boilers. The turbines developed a total of and gave a maximum speed of . The ships carried a maximum of of fuel oil. The ships' complement was 102 officers and ratings. The Talisman-class ships were heavily armed for their time, shipping five single QF Mark IV guns. Two of the guns were side-by-side on the forecastle. The other guns were carried on the centreline; one between the first and second funnels, one after the searchlight platform and one on a bandstand on the quarterdeck. Al
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading