Concept

Lake Washington Shipyard

Summary
Lake Washington Shipyards was a shipyard in the northwest United States, located in Houghton, Washington (today Kirkland) on the shore of Lake Washington, east of Seattle. Today, the shipyards are the site of the lakeside Carillon Point business park. The shipyards built many civilian and U.S. Navy ships. History Lake Washington Shipyard was founded in the 19th century as the Anderson Shipyard. This shipyard specialized in the construction of wooden tugs and ferries. In 1923, Anderson Shipyard was bought by Charles Burckardt and renamed Lake Washington Shipyards. The new shipyard converted to steel shipbuilding. During World War II, its workforce grew to 9,000 employees and it was a major repairer of small ships as well as a builder. Lake Washington Shipyards closed in 1960s and today, the commercial/residential development at Carillon Point occupies the site of the former shipyard. Ships built here Ships built at Lake Washington Shipyards include (with launch dat
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading