Concept

Jánoshida

Summary
Jánoshida is a village in Jász-Nagykun-Szolnok county, in the Northern Great Plain region of central Hungary. It covers an area of and has a population of 2,394 people (2015). History The earliest signs are from archaeologic finds of Bronze Age (1800-1700 BC). An Avarian flute was found from c. 6-7 AD. In 1186 Béla III of Hungary donated the village to the premontre priests and they built a church. The romanesque style of the church resembles to those of bishop of Vác, or archbishop of Esztergom. The patrocinium of the church was John the Baptist. The name of the village had been at that time Szentkereszt (The Holy Cross), and later has got the name of Jánoshida (The bridge of John). The church was the centre of the provostry. In 1536 the village and the church was destroyed in the Turkish wars. Only after 1688, the year of liberation from the Turkish occupation could the village and church have been rebuilt. In 1715 the village belonged to Pest Co
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading