Concept

Baltika Stadium

Summary
Baltika Stadium (Балтика стадион, Baltika Stadion) is a multi-purpose stadium in Kaliningrad, Russia, that was home to FC Baltika Kaliningrad. The capacity of the stadium used to be 14,660 before the 2018 renovation, but is now reduced to 4,500. History The stadium was originally within Königsberg, Germany. In 1892 philanthropist Walter Simon granted 6.83 hectares in Mittelhufen for the construction of an athletic field. Named Walter-Simon-Platz in his honor, the stadium hosted Königsberger STV in the early 20th century. The Yorck memorial was constructed near it in 1913. Because Simon was Jewish, the Nazi Party renamed the stadium Erich-Koch-Platz after Gauleiter Erich Koch in 1933. The city became Russian after World War II. Columns from the portico of New Altstadt Church are included in Baltika Stadium's entrance. After Baltika left for the Kaliningrad Stadium, stadium was retrofitted and reduced in capacity. All newer stands were removed and the place converted into sp
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading