Concept

Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology

Summary
The Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology (Max-Planck-Institut für molekulare Physiologie) is located in Dortmund, next to the Dortmund University of Technology. It is one of 80 institutes in the Max Planck Society (Max Planck Gesellschaft). Origins The Institute was originally founded by Max Rubner as the Kaiser-Wilhelm Institut für Arbeitsphysiologie, part of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute in 1913. During the First World War the Institute focussed on nutrition and diet, and how ersatz substitutes could be found for particular foodstuffs which were becoming scarce. They worked alongside the Kriegsernährungsamt (War Nutrition Office) to try out different food surrogates both for the military and the civilian population. They also developed aptitude tests for different types of work, such as evaluating distance perception for military drivers, pilots and railway workers. This was further developed to provide a means for selecting artillery officers.
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading