Concept

Lynford Hall

Summary
Lynford Hall is a neo-Jacobean country house at Mundford, near Thetford in the English county of Norfolk. It is now a hotel. Location The Lynford Hall Hotel is a short distance east of the A1065 which links Fakenham to Mildenhall. The hotel is south west of the city of Norwich. The hotel is north east from the nearest railway station which is at Brandon. The nearest commercial airport is in Norwich, north east of the hotel. History The first hall at Lynford was built in about 1500. In about 1717 James Nelthorpe acquired the Lynford estate from Sir Charles Turner. He built a new house with pleasant gardens, plantations and water features a little distance from the old hall which became the farm-house. The estate remained in the Nelthorpe family until 1805 when it was acquired by George Eyres. After several other owners, it was purchased by Sir Richard Sutton in 1827. Sutton commissioned the architect Charles Robert Cockerell to alter and remodel the house
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading