Concept

Kettwig Stausee station

Summary
Kettwig Stausee is a railway station in the city of Essen in western Germany on the Ruhr Valley line. It serves the southern part of the Kettwig borough, Kettwig vor der Brücke, and is situated right next to the river Ruhr. History The station was opened in 1945 as Kettwig-Pusch after the German army had destroyed the Ruhr bridges in Kettwig during the last days of World War II. It was used to connect the railway lines to Mülheim an der Ruhr, Düsseldorf and Velbert with each other. After a single Ruhr bridge was rebuilt, the station was renamed Kettwig Stausee in 1953. In 1960, services to Velbert and in 1968 services to Mülheim ended. The station building was torn down in 1981, and the station was downgraded to a mere S-Bahn stop. The station today sees regular service by Rhein-Ruhr S-Bahn trains on the S6 line.
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading