Concept

History of the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee

Summary
The history of the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee dates back to 1885, when the Milwaukee State Normal School opened for classes at 18th and Wells in downtown Milwaukee. In the fall of 1956, the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee was created as a result of the merger of the Wisconsin State College of Milwaukee (formerly the Milwaukee State Normal School) and the University of Wisconsin's Milwaukee extension, a UW branch that had been offering graduate degrees in Milwaukee. The newly created university, consisting of the Wisconsin State College of Milwaukee campus and University of Wisconsin's Milwaukee Extension, was considered a part of the University of Wisconsin. Early history In 1880, the Wisconsin Legislature passed a law requiring the Board of Regents of Normal Schools to establish a normal school in the Milwaukee area in order to meet the growing demand for higher education by the city's soaring population. As a result, the Milwaukee State Normal School opened for
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading