Concept

Tufts Cove Generating Station

Summary
NOTOC Tufts Cove Generating Station is a Canadian electrical generating station located in the Dartmouth neighbourhood of Tufts Cove in Nova Scotia's Halifax Regional Municipality. A thermal generating station, Tufts Cove was constructed in 1965 by Nova Scotia Light and Power Company, Limited, requiring the demolition of part of this historic neighbourhood to locate the facility on the eastern shore of Halifax Harbour. The plant replaced the Water Street Generating Station that had been opened by the Halifax Electric Tramway in 1902. Operated by Nova Scotia Power, a subsidiary of Emera Incorporated, the Tufts Cove Generating Station has a generating capacity of 415 megawatts. Tufts Cove #1 was installed in 1965 with dual fuel capability to burn No. 6 heavy fuel oil and coal mined by the Cape Breton Development Corporation. In 1972 Tufts Cove #1 was converted to fire only oil at the same time as Tufts Cove #2 (oil only) was commissioned. Tufts Cove #3 (also oil only) was commissi
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading