Concept

Church of St. Anne, Talaulim

Summary
The Church of St. Anne is a church and religious monument located in the Santana district of Old Goa, in Goa province, India. The 17th century church is a major example of the colonial Portuguese Baroque architecture built in Portuguese India. History Construction of the Church of St. Anne began in 1577 by Monsignor Francisco de Rego (1681–1689). It was completed in 1695, by his successor, Rev. Fr. Antonio Francisco da Cunha. Landmark The Church of Anne was declared a "national monument" during the Portuguese era per Government Portario No. 1360 of 31/3/31. In that Portario were also the Bom Jesus Basilica, the Se Cathedral, the Church of St. Francis of Assisi, the Convent of Santa Monica and the Church of St. Cajetan. Each of these, monumental in their architectural splendor, and all of them within the former Portuguese capital of Old Goa, Goa. Upon Goa's annexation by India in 1961, while the aforementioned edifices were embraced as "national monuments" by th
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading