Concept

Waverton, Cumbria

Summary
Waverton is a linear village and civil parish in the Allerdale borough of Cumbria, England. Waverton lies on the main A596 road east of a bridge over the River Waver, 2.2 miles south west from Wigton and 14.2 miles from the nearest city, Carlisle. The river is the reason for Waverton's name as well as it coming from the old English word tuǹ, this meaning "An enclosure; a farmstead; a village; an estate". Population There were no major changes in the population of Waverton in the nineteenth century, when population first began to be collected in the Census. The population was slowly increasing each year, but only by a maximum of 30 people a year up till 1871. After 1871 the Census records show that there was a decrease in the population. This fluctuation was repeated as from 1910 there was a sharp increase, however this was followed by another population depletion just after the 1920. The population of Waverton began steadily increasing even through World War II and the conti
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading