Concept

HMS Termagant (R89)

Summary
HMS Termagant was a T-class destroyer of the Royal Navy that saw service during the Second World War. She was built by William Denny and Brothers, of Dumbarton and launched on 22 March 1943. She was scrapped in 1965. Design and construction The British Admiralty ordered the eight destroyers of the T-class on 14 March 1941 as the 6th Emergency Flotilla. The T-class were War Emergency Programme destroyers, intended for general duties, including use as anti-submarine escort, and were to be suitable for mass-production. They were based on the hull and machinery of the pre-war J-class destroyers, but with a lighter armament (effectively whatever armament was available) in order to speed production. The T-class closely resembled the preceding S-class, but unlike the S-class, were not fitted for operations in the Arctic. The T-class were long overall, at the waterline and between perpendiculars, with a beam of and a draught of mean and full load. Displacement was standard
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading