Concept

Cluj-Napoca National Theatre

Summary
The Lucian Blaga National Theatre (Romanian: Teatrul Național Lucian Blaga) is in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, sharing its building with the Romanian Opera. Building The theatre was built between 1904 and 1906 by the Austrian architects Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer, who designed several theatres and palaces across Europe in the late 19th and early 20th century, including the theatres in Iași, Oradea, Timișoara, and Chernivtsi (Cernăuți). The project was financed using only private capital: Sandor Ujfalfy bequeathed his domains and estates from Szolnok-Doboka County to the National Theatre Fund from Kolozsvár. The theatre opened on 8 September 1906 with Ferenc Herczeg's Bujdosók. Until 1919, as Cluj was part of the Kingdom of Hungary, it was home to the local Hungarian National Theatre (Nemzeti Színház). The last performance of the Hungarian troupe was Shakespeare's Hamlet, September 30, 1919. Since 1919, when Cluj passed under Romanian administration, the building has be
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading