Concept

Cuyamaca Water Company

Summary
The Cuyamaca Water Company (CWC) is a defunct water company which operated in San Diego County, California between 1910-1926. The origins of the Cuyamaca Water Company can be found in the San Diego Flume Company. The San Diego Flume Company was purchased on June 1, 1910 for $125,000 by the prominent San Diego politician and developer Ed Fletcher and a businessman from Montana, James A. Murray. The initial purchase transferred all water rights and properties owned by the San Diego Flume Company to the newly created Cuyamaca Water Company. CWC was principally financed by Murray, and managed by Fletcher. Early years The CWC provided water to farming land stretching from the San Diego City Limits to the El Cajon valley. Fletcher realised the importance of water to farming, and used his real estate business to increase the profits of both companies by raising the cost of water in areas that he owned. The CWC and the California Railway Commission had many disputes over the price
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading