Concept

HMS Lively (1900)

Summary
HMS Lively was a torpedo boat destroyer of the British Royal Navy. She was built speculatively by Laird, Son & Company, Birkenhead, pre-empting further orders for vessels of this type, and was bought by the navy in 1901. Construction On 30 March 1899, the British Admiralty placed an order for two torpedo boat destroyers, Lively and , with the Birkenhead shipyard of Laird, Son & Co, as part of a total of twelve destroyers ordered under the 1899–1900 shipbuilding programme. These two ships were four-funneled and were similar to those ordered from Laird's under the 1894–1895 programme (the ), the 1895–1896 programme (the ) and the 1897–1898 programme (). Lively was long overall and between perpendiculars, with a beam of and a draught of . Displacement was light and full load. Lively was propelled by two triple expansion steam engines, fed by four Normand boilers, rated at to give the contract speed of 30 knots. Armament was the standard for the 30
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading