Concept

Malinová, Slovakia

Summary
Malinová (Zeche; Csék) is a village and municipality in Prievidza District in the Trenčín Region of western Slovakia. It lies about 15 km north of the town of Prievidza. The village belonged to the German language island Hauerland. The German population was expelled in 1944. Evolution of the village name The village of Malinová was called by many different names over the centuries:
  • 1339 Chach
  • 1437 Cheche
  • 1464 Czecza/Posega
  • 1485 Czecha/Pozega
  • 1486, 1488, 1490 Czecze, Zech ˈtsɛç
  • 1489 Chech
  • 1571-1573 Czek
  • 1927-1948 Czach, since 1938 also Zeche ˈtsɛçə
  • since 1948 Malinová
History In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1339. Timeline
  • 1339 Foundation
  • 1431 Church badly damaged by the Hussites
  • 1612 First evidence of gold washing
  • 1642-08-08 Charter of Count Paul Pálffy ("Wasserverbot")
  • 1726 The office of the town judge is sold to the landlord
  • 1788 The gothic church is built, the town becomes an independent paris
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading