Concept

Yacht club SMTU

Summary
Yachts club SMTU was an educational yacht club on Kirov Islands of St. Petersburg. It occupied the island of Bezymyanniy. History After the creation in 1930 of the Saint Petersburg State Marine and Technological University, based on the Saint Petersburg Polytechnical University, there was a requirement for sea engineers to have training and practice opportunities. During the Second World War, students gained this practice at the Admiralty Shipyard, but towards the end of the 1940s, a new place was allocated using institute yachts, on Krestovsky island. At the end of the 1950s, the territory of the Yacht club SMTU became an island, when a rowing canal was dug on Krestovsky island in 1958-1960. This new island was named Anonymous (Bezymyanniy), and the city administration officially placed it under the authority of the SMTU (then known as the LMTU) in 1959. Club held competitions which often had no prize fund; for example winners of a Quartet - 2002 cup were awarded edibl
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading