Yachts club SMTU was an educational yacht club on Kirov Islands of St. Petersburg.
It occupied the island of Bezymyanniy.
After the creation in 1930 of the Saint Petersburg State Marine and Technological University, based on the Saint Petersburg Polytechnical University, there was a requirement for sea engineers to have training and practice opportunities. During the Second World War, students gained this practice at the Admiralty Shipyard, but towards the end of the 1940s, a new place was allocated using institute yachts, on Krestovsky island.
At the end of the 1950s, the territory of the Yacht club SMTU became an island, when a rowing canal was dug on Krestovsky island in 1958-1960.
This new island was named Anonymous (Bezymyanniy), and the city administration officially placed it under the authority of the SMTU (then known as the LMTU) in 1959.
Club held competitions which often had no prize fund; for example winners of a Quartet - 2002 cup were awarded edibl