Concept

4th Guards Tank Division

Summary
The 4th Guards Kantemirovskaya Order of Lenin Red Banner Tank Division (Kantemirovites, Kantemirovskaya Division, or Kantemir Division), (4-я гвардейская танковая Кантемировская дивизия имени Ю. В. Андропова), is a Guards armoured division of the Russian Ground Forces. It is named after Yuri Andropov. It has the Military Unit Number 19612 and is one of the key formations of the Western Military District. All of its units, as well as headquarters, are based in Naro-Fominsk, Moscow Oblast, south-west of Moscow. History World War II The direct ancestor of the Division was the Red Army's 17th Tank Corps, initially formed in Stalingrad in 1942 shortly after the 1941 start of the German invasion of the Soviet Union during World War II. The 17th Tank Corps commenced combat operations on 26 June 1942, when it deployed to the west of Voronezh, just prior to the Battle of Voronezh. For distinction in combat during the Operation Little Saturn between 17 December and 30
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading