Concept

Palazzo Bianco

Summary
Palazzo Bianco (White Palace) is one of the main buildings of the center of Genoa, Italy. It is situated at 11, via Garibaldi (known at one time as Strada Nuova, and before that, Via Aurea). It contains the Gallery of the White Palace, one of the larger city art galleries, and together with those of its neighbors Palazzo Rosso and Palazzo Doria Tursi, it forms part of the Strada Nuova Museums, a cluster of museums at that end of the street. History Constructed between 1530 and 1540 by Luca Grimaldi, a member of the House of Grimaldi, one of the most important Genoese families, in 1658 the palace passed into the possession of the De Franchi Toso family, and in 1711 it was given by its inheritor Federico de Franchi Toso, to Maria Durazzo Brignole-Sale, his main creditor. The new owners, between 1714 and 1716, carried out a decisive restoration of the building, adapting it to the tastes of the age. It subsequently earned the name White for the clear color of its exterior d
About this result
This page is automatically generated and may contain information that is not correct, complete, up-to-date, or relevant to your search query. The same applies to every other page on this website. Please make sure to verify the information with EPFL's official sources.
Related publications

Loading

Related people

Loading

Related units

Loading

Related concepts

Loading

Related courses

Loading

Related lectures

Loading