Lansing Charter Township is a charter township of Ingham County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 8,143 at the 2020 census.The township consists of six non-contiguous sections bordered mostly by the cities of East Lansing and Lansing. The CDP of Edgemont Park is located in the north end of the western section of the township.History
The first white settler to purchase land in the township was Jacob F. Cooley in 1837. The township was organized in 1842 in the northwest corner of Ingham County and was named after Lansing, New York – the hometown of one of the township's original settlers. The township experienced its first loss of land in 1859 when the unincorporated settlement of Lansing officially incorporated as a city out of seven square miles near the center of the township.On April 1, 1963, township voters voted to become a charter township, which provides for streamlined administration, expanded taxing authority, and adde
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.