The Handley Page Type G was a two-seat British biplane, designed by Handley Page that first flew in 1913. Only one was built.DevelopmentThe Type G was the first biplane wholly designed by Handley Page. In 1924 the early Handley Page types were give a retrospective design number and the Type G became the H.P.7. Its immediate precursors were monoplanes (Types D, E & F), all of which used a wing of very unusual planform, having a strongly curved leading edge together with a slightly swept and almost straight trailing edge. The Type D and the larger, two-seat Type E were popularly known as the "Antiseptic" and the "Yellow Peril" because of the colour of the anti-corrosion paint on wings and tail.The Type G used wings of the same plan though of unequal span. It was a three bay biplane having slight wing stagger, with two pairs of separate but wire braced interplane struts per wing. Only the upper wings carried ailerons, which were operated via king posts that appeared
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.