Greenlaw Town Hall is a municipal building in The Square, Greenlaw, Scottish Borders, Scotland. The structure, which served as the county headquarters of Berwickshire in the 19th century, is a Category A listed building.
As the then county town of Berwickshire, Greenlaw needed a building from which to dispense justice: a courthouse was erected to the west of Greenlaw Church in 1712. However, by the early 19th century, the justices decided that the old building was inadequate for their needs and it was demolished in 1830.
The current building was commissioned by Sir William Purves-Hume-Campbell, 6th Baronet at his own expense as the new county courthouse. It was designed in the Greek Revival style by John Cunningham, who had previously designed a lodge for Purves-Hume-Campbell on the Marchmont Estate. It was built by a local builder, William Waddell, in ashlar stone and was completed in 1831. The design involved a symmetrical main frontage of five bays facing onto The