The Boltons is a street and garden square of lens shape in the Brompton district of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, London, England (postcode SW10). The opposing sides of the street face the communal gardens (as two non-semicircular crescents) with large expansive houses and gardens, in what is considered the third-most expensive street in the country with the average house price at 15 million pounds. The elliptical central gardens of the Boltons are Grade II listed on the Register of Historic Parks and Gardens.History
The Boltons was built in the middle of the 19th century by architect and journalist George Godwin on land which was originally market gardens.The area is believed to have been named after William Bolton (or Boulton) who bought land in the area in 1795. Twelve years later Bolton sold the land between the Old Brompton Road and the Fulham Road to the confectioner James Gunter. Gunter died in 1819 and his son Robert inherited the estate. He added la
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.