Woodstock (Welsh: Wstog) is a rural village in the southern foothills of the Preseli Hills in the community and parish of Ambleston, Pembrokeshire, Wales. There is a built-up area on the B4329 former turnpike, and another down a side-road, close to, but with no road access to Llys y Fran reservoir.Name
According to a pre-1850 parish map, the area on the B4329 was named Woodstock Slop, and the other just Woodstock. The Welsh name does not appear on parish or Ordnance Survey maps before the 20th century, but the Methodists were using the name in 1913.History
Close to Woodstock village is Woodstock Ring, a prehistoric earthwork containing the possible traces of a building within, indicating habitation in prehistoric times.Woodstock has been described as a modern village but the manor of Woodstock (along with that of Ambleston) was bequeathed by Sir James Perrot, son of Sir John Perrot to Francis Perrot, and then in 1642 to his nephew Herbert. In 1761 Herbert's desc
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.