Tantonville Airfield is an abandoned World War II United States Army Air Forces military airfield in France, which was located in the Département de Meurthe-et-Moselle approximately north of Mirecourt and south-southeast of Neuves-Maisons.
The airfield was constructed by the IX Engineer Command as a temporary facility, with a 5000' x 120' all weather pierced steel planking (PSP) runway, aligned 01/19. In addition the airfield contained a large parking apron, as well as for dispersal sites. Tents were used for billeting and also for support facilities; an access road was built to the existing road infrastructure; a dump for supplies, ammunition, and gasoline drums, along with a drinkable water and minimal electrical grid for communications and station lighting. It was known as Tantonville Airfield or Advanced Landing Ground Y-1 and released to Ninth Air Force on 25 December 1944.
The XIX Tactical Air Command 100th Fighter Wing 371st Fighter Group moved onto th