Deutsche Schule der Borromäerinnen Alexandria (DSBA; المدرسة الألمانية للقديس سان شارل بورومي بالإسكندرية) is a German-Egyptian school of encounter (dt. Begegnungsschule), which is supported by the Federal Office of Administration in Cologne, both in personnel and funding terms. It is mainly attended by Egyptian female pupils. The school is run by the Sisters of Mercy of St. Charles Borromeo, based in Kloster Grafschaft.
It was recognised as a German school abroad by the Central Agency for German Schools Abroad (ZfA).
The Deutsche Schule der Borromäerinnen Alexandria was founded in 1884 and was initially an educational institution for German and Austrian children whose fathers were employed in the construction of the port of Alexandria. With the enlargement of the spectrum of pupils, a curriculum based on the model of the so-called higher school for daughters (dt. Höhere Töchterschule) was introduced in 1894.
After the expulsion of the German sisters in the Fi