Scoby Power Plant and Dam is a historic dam and power plant located between the towns of Ashford and Concord, near Springville, New York. The complex is located on the eastern bank of Cattaraugus Creek outside Springville. It is representative of a small hydroelectric generating facility of the early 20th century in Western New York. The complex was constructed in 1925, replacing a facility near this site.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.
Scoby Dam Park
The Erie County Department of Parks, Recreation and Forestry acquired the dam and surrounding property shortly after the Village of Springville ceased using the dam for power generation in 1998. The park is managed as a "conservation park" with minimal improvements and facilities.
The park is popular with anglers seeking steelhead during the fall, winter and spring, and also includes space for picnicking and hiking. In