Canadian Forces Base Moncton or CFB Moncton is a former Canadian Forces Base located in Moncton, New Brunswick.
The centrally located city of Moncton was selected in 1940 for the site of a logistics supply base for military facilities in the Maritimes that were undergoing unprecedented expansion as a result of World War II. Moncton Garrison was constructed in an industrial area on a railway spur line north of downtown, immediately east of the sprawling Canadian National Railways Moncton Shops facility.
The Moncton Garrison survived into the Cold War and was renamed Canadian Forces Base Moncton (CFB Moncton) in February 1968 following the unification of the Canadian Army, Royal Canadian Navy and Royal Canadian Air Force to create the Canadian Forces.
Under the Canadian Forces, CFB Moncton was initially attached to Materiel Command however this command was closed in June 1968 and the base was attached to Maritime Command.
Defence budget cuts in the 1990s following the end of the Cold