Concept

Barnesville station (Ohio)

Résumé
Barnesville station is a historic train station in Barnesville, Ohio. It is located at 300 East Church Street, between Mulberry and Railroad Streets. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 8, 1985, as the Barnesville Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Depot. History Founding to Rails: 1808-1960 The village of Barnesville was platted in 1808 by James Barnes, who took advantage of a Drovers' road that ran through the area from the Ohio River. This road, as well as National Road, led to Barnesville being populated quickly. A railroad line was laid out through Barnesville in the middle 1850s and a wooden freight house was built close to the current location of the depot. Passenger service for the town was located in a corner room of the freight house until 1914, when the town was granted a depot by the B&O Railroad. The depot was opened in 1916 and was heralded by the local newspaper as "long needed and greatly desired." The depot was th
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement