St. Ann's Church on Dawson Street in Dublin, Ireland is a Church of Ireland church, constructed originally around 1720 following the establishment of the local Anglican parish in 1707.In the early 21st century the church presents itself as ecumenical within the tradition of the Church of Ireland.Building history
The building of the church in baroque style commenced in 1720, to a design by Isaac Wills. The current façade dates to 1868.Exterior and façade
St. Ann's original façade was never completed above the first floor. In 1868, a competition was held for a new façade, with the architectural firm of Lanyon, Lynn & Lanyon losing the commission to the Deanes, Thomas Newenham Deane and his father. The younger Deane, who had been involved with the creation of significant buildings at Oxford University, designed a neo-Romanesque front. Described by one travel guide as "amazingly ornate," the façade as it exists in the 21st century lacks some elements of Deane's or
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.