Trollope & Colls was once one of the United Kingdom's largest construction companies.
The Company was formed in 1903, out of the merger of George Trollope & Sons (founded by Joseph Trollope, a wallpaper hanger, in 1778) and Colls & Sons (founded by Benjamin Colls, a painter and decorator, in 1840).
The merged firm started to specialise in civil engineering and during the First World War undertook pioneering work on reinforced concrete. In 1969 the Company was acquired by Trafalgar House. By 1994 it was the largest contractor in the United Kingdom by turnover.
On 18 April 1996 Norwegian shipbuilding and engineering group Kvaerner acquired Trafalgar House Construction, as the business became known, as part of a £904 million offer for Trafalgar House plc.
Projects undertaken by the company and its predecessors included: Her Majesty's Theatre completed in 1869, St Philip's Church, Batters