Concept

Elham railway station

Résumé
Elham railway station is a disused railway station on the Elham Valley Railway which served the village of Elham in Kent and the surrounding villages. Situated to the east of Elham the clapboard station was opened in 1887 and closed completely in 1947. History The station opened on 4 July 1887 with the opening of the Elham Valley Railway from Cheriton Junction, on the South Eastern Main Line as far as . A public siding was located at Ottinge, just over south of Elham. It was controlled by a ground frame. Initially, there were six passenger trains per day. By 1906 there were nine trains a day, with five on Sunday. Between 1912 and 1916, a summer only railmotor service provided an additional four trains a day between and Elham. The service had been reduced to eight trains a day by 1922 and five trains a day by 1937. In 1931 the line was singled and one platform was closed. Passenger services between and were withdrawn on 1 December 1940 and the line was placed under m
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement