Concept

Sisters of Nazareth convent, Shefa-Amr

Résumé
The Sisters of Nazareth convent (دير راهبات الناصره - شفاعمرو) is a monastery located in the city of Shefa-ʻAmr, Israel. History In the year 1857, after the citizens of Shefa-ʻAmr saw how much the Sisters of Nazareth convent in Nazareth had helped the people of that city, they contacted the convent's Sister Hilo with an offer to contribute a piece of land in the center of Shefa-ʻAmr containing the ruins of a 4th-century church for a new convent to be built. Sister Hilo accepted the offer, and the convent was built. In 1860 a new school was built in the convent's area; it expanded over the years, and nowadays teaches 1,000 of the city's children. In those days the area lacked any healthcare systems, so the sisters built a small infirmary and provided healthcare to people of all religions. In 1914 the European sisters had to return to their home lands. Some of the people of Shefa-ʻAmr asked for the infirmary to remain open; the head sister did not have the power to do so,
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement