Guancheng Subdistrict (, a genus of sedges") is a subdistrict in Guangdong Province, China under the administration of Dongguan City. It has an area of , and a residential population of 230,000, of which 152,000 are new residents. Guancheng was the old political and cultural centre of Dongguan, before the government moved to the new centre in the Nancheng Subdistrict.
Guancheng Subdistrict has been home to the seat of Dongguan's government since 757 CE, during the early Tang Dynasty.
In the late 14th century, during the reign of the Hongwu Emperor of the Ming Dynasty, the zh was built within present-day Guancheng. Later in the Ming Dynasty, the zh was built to commemorate the city's trade with Thailand.
Upon the founding of the People's Republic of China in 1949, Guancheng was designated as a city. Guancheng was re-designated as a people's commune from 1958 to 1980.