Concept

Sealand railway station

Résumé
Sealand was the final station on the former Chester & Connah's Quay Railway between Chester Northgate and Hawarden Bridge. Services also passed through this station before joining the North Wales and Liverpool Railway. Located west of the A550 near RAF Sealand, the station was just before a triangular junction at Dee marshes which controlled rail services from North Wales, Liverpool and Cheshire. History The station was opened on 17 June 1918 by the Great Central Railway for WWI military personnel based at Sealand Camp. The station, which was originally called Welsh Road Halt, had two adjacent side platforms. It was renamed Sealand in September 1931. From this station, services from North Wales could either terminate at Chester Northgate Station, the Chester terminus of the Cheshire Lines Committee, or continue on the through line to Manchester Central. Services to and from Liverpool via Bidston used the Grand Central line until joining the Chester & Connah's Quay railway a
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement