The James L. Coke House, also called Waipuna ('springwater' in the Hawaiian language), at 3649 Nuuanu Pali Drive in Honolulu, Hawaii was built in 1934 for Judge James L. Coke, who had that year been reappointed Chief Justice of the Hawaii Supreme Court by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Its architecture is significant as an example of the residential work of C.W. Dickey, the most prominent local architect of the period, and its landscaping represents the work of the preeminent landscape architect of the period, Richard Tongg. The house and grounds were added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1986.
The house is not typical of Dickey's residential work, but displays fine craftsmanship and is well adapted to an indoor-outdoor lifestyle. It is a two-story, double-wall building on an L-shaped plan, with a gabled roof over one wing and a hipped roof over the other. The outside walls are of brick on the ground floor, with clapboard siding on the upper