:See Tira for other sites with similar names.Al-Tira was a Palestinian village in the Ramle Subdistrict. It was depopulated during the 1948 Arab–Israeli War on July 10, 1948, by the Alexandroni and Armored (Eighth) brigades under Operation Dani. It was located 12 km northeast of Ramla. al-Tira was mostly destroyed with the exception of a few houses survived destruction.History
Archeological remains from Early Bronze Age, Iron Age II, Hellenistic and Roman era have been found.A wine-press, dating to late Roman or early Byzantine era have been excavated, together with a cistern, dating from the pre-Byzantine era.Crusader era remains have been found, together with remains from the Mamluk era.Ottoman era
In 1517, Tira was incorporated into the Ottoman Empire along with the rest of Palestine, and by 1596 it was a part of the nahiya ("subdistrict") of Ramla, which
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.