The Timm Collegiate was a series of American-built two-seat light aircraft of the late 1920s.
Design and development
Otto Timm founded the O.W. Timm Aircraft Corp in 1922 with its base at Glendale, California. The firm changed its name to the Timm Airplane Co in 1928. During 1928 Timm designed the Collegiate series of parasol-winged two-seat light aircraft fitted with fixed tailwheel undercarriage. The six examples built between 1928 and 1930 were powered by a variety of engines of between and During their lives, several were re-fitted with different powerplants.
During their operational lives, several of the six Collegiates were fitted with replacement powerplants, giving rise to new designation numbers. The aircraft served with private pilot owners both pre and post World War II. In 1930, the first Collegiate M-150 NC279V City of Los Angeles set an endurance record of 378 hours in flying the equivalent of 27,677 mile