The Lyric Theatre was a theatre in Kansas City, Missouri, United States.
The -story structure designed by Owen Saylor and Payson opened on December 18, 1926 as the Ararat Shrine Temple. It cost the Shriners $1 million and had a seating capacity of 3,000. It was designed to imitate the Temple of Vesta and was to be part of a complex that also consisted of the Deramus Building and the American Hereford Building on other corners of the intersection at 10th and Central.
In 1939 Union Trust of St. Louis foreclosed on the $600,000 note on the building. During World War II it was sold to the American Red Cross as a blood collection center.
It was used as a legitimate theatre called the Playhouse and later the Victoria.
Midland Broadcasting bought the building in 1947 for its KMBC radio broadcasts (and later KMBC-TV)
In 1957 Durwood Organization took it over and converted for Todd-AO and later Cinerama movies at called the Capri Theatre.
KMBC continued to broadcast from beneath the s