Concept

North Weald railway station

Résumé
North Weald railway station is on the Epping Ongar Railway, a heritage railway, located in North Weald, Essex. The station was opened in 1865 by the Great Eastern Railway, on its extension from Loughton to Ongar. It was latterly a Central line station on the London Underground between Epping and Blake Hall stations. The section beyond Epping to closed in 1994. History North Weald station was opened by the Great Eastern Railway (GER) on 24 April 1865, serving principally as a goods yard, taking agricultural produce from the nearby farms into London. During World War II it was frequently used by airmen travelling to and from the nearby North Weald Airfield. Steam locomotives operated by British Rail for the London Underground ran a shuttle service from Epping to Ongar (stopping at North Weald) from 1949 to 1957, when the track was electrified and taken over by the Central line. While the Epping to Ongar branch was normally operated as an isolated section of the Central line,
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement