Concept

Milton Clevedon

Résumé
Milton Clevedon is a village and civil parish south of Evercreech in the Mendip district of Somerset, England. History The name of the village means the middle settlement, possibly because it is halfway between Evercreech and Bruton. An early Iron Age earthwork, probably a stock enclosure but known as Fox Covert, occupies a spur of Creech Hill overlooking the River Alham valley. The site includes a possible barrow on the west. In the late 12th century the manor was held under the Lovels of Castle Cary by William de Clevedon who gave the church to Bruton Abbey who held it until the dissolution of the monasteries. The Mendip Hospital, built in 1845–47, is not near Milton Clevedon, it is located in St Cuthbert Out, near Wells. Governance The parish council has responsibility for local issues, including setting an annual precept (local rate) to cover the council's operating costs and producing annual accounts for public scrutiny. The parish counc
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement