Concept

West Bradley

Résumé
West Bradley is a village and civil parish 4 miles south-east of Glastonbury in the Mendip district of Somerset, England. The parish includes the hamlets of Hornblotton and Lottisham. Hornblotton Green is a traditional English community with a small village hall. There are no shops in Hornblotton although there are 3 working farms, and a beautiful Victorian arts and crafts style church. The village is on the Monarch's Way long-distance footpath. Also a cycle route passes through. History Bradley comes from Old English and means the broad clearing or wood. The manor of Bradley was given to Glastonbury Abbey in 746 by Ethelbald, King of Mercia, and held it until the dissolution of the monasteries in 1539. The parish of West Bradley was part of the hundred of Glaston Twelve Hides, while Hornblotton was part of the Whitstone Hundred. Governance The parish council has responsibility for local issues, including setting an annual precept (local rate
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement