Concept

Spynie

Résumé
Spynie was a seaport, burgh and ancient parish in Moray, Scotland, that survives as a small hamlet and civil parish. It is the location of the ruins of Spynie Palace, which was the principal residence of the Bishops of Moray between the 12th and 17th centuries, and the churchyard of Holy Trinity Church, Spynie, which served as the cathedral of the Diocese of Moray between 1207 and 1224. History Large deposits of oyster and cockle shells in the area provide evidence of human habitation going back to the neolithic period, and artefacts from Bronze Age occupation, including axes, pottery and shell deposits have been found on the site of the later settlement. Spynie developed as a seaport on the south shore of Loch Spynie, a much larger body of water in the medieval period than the present day, and one that was open to the sea until the late 15th century. Holy Trinity Church was in existence by the 12th century and possibly earlier and was, alongside Birnie and Kinneddar, one o
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement