Concept

Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Singapore

Résumé
The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Chinese: 圣母圣诞堂) is a Roman Catholic church in Singapore. It is located in Hougang, the North-East Region of Singapore, and is within the Serangoon District. It is well known as the oldest Catholic church for the Teochew community in Serangoon. History Beginnings in Aukang Before the arrival of pioneer priest Father Ambrose Maistre in 1852, there was already a significant Catholic community in Aukang (Teochew moniker for Hougang) or Kangkar, the area surrounding Serangoon River. He went on to set up a station to serve the Catholics in this rural district and the first baptism took place in 1853. An attap (thatched roof) chapel and small presbytery was also erected after Father Maistre acquired approximately 37-acres of land from the British East India company. It was later converted into a small brick church named St Mary's Chapel. The remainder of the land acquired was allocated to parishi
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement