Concept

Musick Point

Résumé
Musick Point Te Naupata (Te Naupata; officially Musick Point / Te Naupata) is the headland of the peninsula that forms the eastern shore of the Tāmaki River in Bucklands Beach, a suburb of Auckland, New Zealand. In 1942, Musick Point was named after Ed Musick, an aviator who visited New Zealand in 1937, although the headland is also known as Te Waiarohia, after an ancient Māori stronghold. Today, it is occupied by a golf club and the Musick Memorial Radio Station. The peninsula itself terminates between the Motukorea Channel and the Tāmaki Strait in the Waitematā Harbour, Auckland. The residential areas of Bucklands Beach and Eastern Beach lie immediately to the south. History The headland was originally used by Māori of the Ngai Tai iwi (tribe), who dug a ditch across the peninsula as part of Te Waiarohia Pā (sometimes recorded as Te Naupata Pa), until it was overrun by the neighbouring Ngapuhi iwi in 1821. Parts of the ditch are still clearly visib
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement