Concept

HMS Leeds Castle (K384)

Résumé
HMS Leeds Castle was a of the Royal Navy, originally with pennant number K384. She was built by William Pickersgill & Sons Ltd. in Sunderland, launched on 12 October 1943 and completed in February 1944. In World War II she served in the B3 Escort Group, protecting Atlantic convoys until the end of the war in 1945. She then joined the Anti-Submarine Training Squadron at the Portland, United Kingdom, and continued in this role until she was paid off at Chatham, England, United Kingdom in November 1956, after serving a total of 12 and a half years. As with other surviving Castle-class corvettes, she had been redesigned as a frigate in 1948 and her pennant number accordingly changed to F384. In 1953 she took part in the Fleet Review to celebrate the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. She was scrapped in 1958. She was used to portray a German anti-submarine vessel in the 1955 film The Cockleshell Heroes, as was .
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement

MOOCs associés

Chargement