Concept

Varakļāni Palace

Résumé
Varakļāni Palace (Varakļānu muižas pils) is a palace in Varakļāni, Varakļāni Municipality in the historical region of Latgale, in Latvia. History After the end of the Livonian War in 1583, von der Borch family acquired the Vark castle district, it was called "Vark land" ( Warkland , Warkelen). The palace was designed by the Italian architect Vincenzo Macotti at the request of the estate owner, the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth diplomat Count Michał Jan Borch. Construction started in 1783 and completed in 1789. After the death of Count Borch in 1810, his wife, Eleonor Christine (1766-1844), and later their son, Karol Borch (1798-1861), whose daughter Maria married Paweł Roman Sanguszko (1834–1876), operated the palace. After his death, the manor was inherited by their daughter, Teresa Sanguszko-Kowelska (1864-1954), who married Leon Paweł Sapieha (1856-1893). After Latvian Agrarian Reform in 1920s Varaklani Manor was nationalized and subdivided. From 1921 to 1944 the Var
À propos de ce résultat
Cette page est générée automatiquement et peut contenir des informations qui ne sont pas correctes, complètes, à jour ou pertinentes par rapport à votre recherche. Il en va de même pour toutes les autres pages de ce site. Veillez à vérifier les informations auprès des sources officielles de l'EPFL.
Publications associées

Chargement

Personnes associées

Chargement

Unités associées

Chargement

Concepts associés

Chargement

Cours associés

Chargement

Séances de cours associées

Chargement